Re: clutch disc

To: mgb-v8@autox.team.net, buick-rover-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: clutch disc
From: David Kernberger <dkern@napanet.net>
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2000 18:17:58 -0700
Cc: dkern@napanet.net
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
10/4/00

Jim, Larry,

        Then the Buick flywheel is very different from the Olds
F-85--something I would have not expected.  All the stock flywheels I have
seen (3) were F-85 and were almost perfectly flat.  I just went out and
looked at the 1 I have on hand now.  There may be a .004" or .005" raised
area where the disc rides--otherwise they are perfectly flat.  The flywheel
for the Olds automatic tranny, on the other hand, is a strange animal and
much like what you describe.  But it cannot be used with a regular clutch
because the center depressed area is not flat.  It has a much deeper dish
in the center area--maybe 5 or 6 inches in diameter.  Does this make sense?
Can anybody else confirm this difference?  It is a surprise to me.

Regards,

Dave K.