Re: Pertronix vs Mallory Magnetic

To: neilc@apphosting.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Pertronix vs Mallory Magnetic
From: "J MILLER" <road1978@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2001 22:47:51 -0500
Cc: mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
I am running a Pertronix ignition system in my stock 215 distributor.  Also
using the Pertronix coil.  The mechanical advance still works normally.  All
the Pertronicx system does is replace the points with a module to trigger
the coil.  A magnet ring also gets installed under the rotor.  Before I
purchased the system (ignition $60, Coil $25) I had heard a lot of positive
comments about the reliability. A friend of mine has a MSD ignition system
(a big box with a lot of wires) which has left him along the roadside
several times.

Jim Miller
www.geocities.com/v8mgb