T5 transmission question

To: MGB-V8 <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: T5 transmission question
From: "Joseph_Pitassi@brown.edu" <Joseph_Pitassi@brown.edu>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 10:40:18 -0500
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Hi folks,

I'm currently in communication with a guy who has a T5 for me with
the specs I want. He also says he can put a different output shaft
and tail housing in order to get the shifter as close as possible to
where it should be. I told him I would measure the stock MGB
transmission to determine the location of the shifter, but I was
wondering if anyone out there would be able to tell me so I could
save myself from getting dirty tonight. :-)

Thanks,

Joe Pitassi