Ignitions again FWIW!

To: "Mgb-V8@Autox. Team. Net" <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: Ignitions again FWIW!
From: "Neil Cotty" <neilc@apphosting.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 01:57:46 -0000
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Hi, I'm back <G> (Sick of me yet?)

During my continued surfing in respecting to improving my ignition system in
my V8, I found the manufacturer of my plug wires website.

They have a controversial FAQ on Plug leads, Capacitor type Plug leads
(Direct Links/Nology etc) and almost everything else concerning leads/spark
plugs you might want to know. Certainly opened my mind and I'm glad I read
this before spending mucho $$$ in perhaps the wrong direction (!).

http://www.magnecor.com/magnecor1/truth.htm

No interest yadda yadda, just use their R100's on my V8 - fit fine, work
fine and most importantly first set of leads that HAVEN'T melted at the
boot. The 10mm's I have are prob way overkill but after _3_ sets of other
brands melting in a heap, crossfiring and arcing to the rocker covers etc
(!!!!) I gave up and spent the 100pnds (!) or so on those.

Still deciding on which direction to go in on the Mallory/MSD ignition
control front. Am leaning towards Mallory (with Pertronix module in my 27
series dizzy), I like their advance computer and other plug in options a
little better than MSD's. Only thing holding me back is the Pertronix 2
coming out, unfortunately looks like 2-3 months before thats available. I am
very BAD at waiting. <G>

Cheers,
Neil (Nomex on for taking up too much bandwidth <G>)
--
74 B GT V8 / 68 C GT / 61 A 1600 / 56 AH 100 BN2
http://www.apphosting.com/mgstuff/