Re: mounting a 215

To: James Nazarian Jr <jamesnazarian@netzero.net>
Subject: Re: mounting a 215
From: Jim Stuart <jimbb88@erols.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 18:35:40 -0500
Cc: mgb-v8 list <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>, buick-rover list <buick-rover-v8@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
James-

We strive to keep the top of the carb level. This puts the engine at an angle-
take a close look at the intake manifold. Some bit of variance is OK. Before
you bolt everything down & walk away, check to see what the relative angles are
between the
engine & rear end pinion. Done wrong, you will eat U-joints at best, break
drive shafts as a worst case.

The difference between the angle of the rear of the engine( or bell housing or
transmission output) & the angle of the pinion should not be zero, but should
be within 3-5 degrees. If this does not make sense, let me know off list.

Jim Stuart