wiring indicator lights

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>, <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: wiring indicator lights
From: CraigFaubel@aol.com
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 17:11:27 EDT
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
I'm installing electric water pump, fuel pump and cooling fans in my B with 302
Ford, and I'd like to have indicator lights showing green when they're
operating and red if one of them goes out of service while the power is being
supplied to them.  I went to Radio Shack and the guy told me their bi-color
LEDs (#276-210) would do this.  They have 3 leads, and can glow either green or
orange, depending on how the circuitry is done.  Unfortunately, he had no idea
how to hook them up nor where to look for information.  These are nominal 2.1
volt units, and they'd need to work on 12v, but I dont know how they'd be
wired.  Does anyone have electronic knowhow or can point me to assistance for
this?