Re: Remote Oil filter kits.

To: Larry <larry@larryembrey.com>
Subject: Re: Remote Oil filter kits.
From: Larry Dickstein <bugide@solve.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2001 14:26:00 -0500
Cc: MGB V8 List <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>, mg list <mgs@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Larry wrote:

> Be VERY careful and suspect of the hoses included in the kits.  More often
> than not they are NOT the best quality hose, otherwise the kits would be even
> more expensive.

Right, you are, Larry.  Because the kits are designed to operate on an oil
pressure system w/ not much pressure, they do use cheap hose.  The fittings are
not usually the best, either.

A reasonable (spelled c-h-e-a-p) solution is hydraulic hose and fittings.  These
things are designed for many times more psi than a car's oil pressure and can be
had for not much money at the good farm supply stores.  They come in various
length or can be made to order.

>   I noticed this hose did not feel like other hoses I had worked with, but
> thought nothing of it.  I now know better..

Sounds like a good grade of washing machine drain hose or the equivalent.

Larry Dickstein
Lone Jack, MO

Pop. 420