Transmission

To: <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: Transmission
From: "Jeffrey Howell" <howellmail@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2001 18:18:08 -0500
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
I wanted to see if someone could help me on  a transmission.  I pulled mine
which I thought was a T5.  Getting it out and putting it next to a T5 it is
not the same.  Where the T5 has a large box area behind the mounting holes,
mine is round and narrow.  Could this be a T50?  My original tranny drop a
gear on the way to a car show and I had it towed to a shop I know. I ordered
what I thought was a T5 from a junkyard and the shop installed it and I never
saw the tranny.  The gearing is too low and that is why I bought a T5 to
replace the current tranny.  Unfortunately the shop who sold me the T5 stated
it came from a V8, but upon receiving it and checking the gearing, it is a V6
tranny.  Just curious if my existing tranny is a T50 as I don't recall seeing
it in any of the publications, at least the one I have.  The mounting holes
are just like the T5, even the back mount.
Just wanted to see what other have seen with this type of transmission.
Thanks,
Jeff Howell