Air filter

To: "'MGB-V8'" <MGB-V8@autox.team.net>
Subject: Air filter
From: "Larry Hoy" <larryhoy@marketvalue.net>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 15:04:34 -0600
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
OK guys and gals (any ladies on this list?) I have an air filter
question.

My local carb expert tells me the most critical issue on my carb
installation is the clearance above the carb throats and the air cleaner
lid.  He said he'd rather see, a smaller (even more restrictive) air
cleaner on my car if I could then increase the clearance. The increased
clearance would provide better air flow into the carb.

Right now I'm running a 14' drop base with about a 2.25" high element.
Anyone running something smaller in diameter that would allow more
height?  I haven't crawled under the hood and slammed it shut yet (huh?)
to see about clearance issues, and was hoping someone could shed some
light.

Larry Hoy