RE: 9" Rear End

To: "'Larry E'" <Larry@embreyfamily.com>, <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: 9" Rear End
From: "Jim Stuart" <vze3swyy@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 22:37:25 -0400
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Heavy or light is more a reference to the axles, which come in various
diameters than the gears or housings.

Nothing wrong with the stock MG rear, it is a Dana & very strong. Main
reason to swap is to get a different gear ratio to optimize the additional
power of a V8 (or V6), although the 3.90 ratio is a very good choice for 1/4
mile driving.

Jim