Re: Plug ends

To: "Barrie Robinson" <barrier@bconnex.net>, <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Plug ends
From: "Telewest \(PH\)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 09:55:39 +0100
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
I have been using the same set of leads, with what I would call 'standard'
ends, for eight years and 65k miles with no problems.  I believe the factory
fitted heat-shields to the front and back plugs on each side at some time
but have never seen these.  Maybe the MOD plug ends are something to do with
interference suppression because of their electronic gear?  My leads were
from the MGOC and are silicone cored, they had the original carbon string
type but they were about three-times the price and experience on other cars
tells me they don't last very long.  Two problems with them - the
distributor ends for the RH bank had the same straight connectors as all the
other whereas they should have right-angled connectors to clear the bonnet -
I was able to salvage the right-angles from the old set and modify them to
be a plug-in adaptor; and No. 5 lead only just reaches by going direct to
the plug, it doesn't have a neat curve at the end like all the others.