Land Rover Series II 4.0 into MGBV8

To: <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: Land Rover Series II 4.0 into MGBV8
From: "Andrew Moss" <amoss@magma.ca>
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2003 19:39:22 -0500
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Hi there,

I am new to the list and have a question. I am putting a 1999 Land Rover
4.0 (from a series II) into a '73 MGB.  I would like to keep the engine
in tact including the GEMS fuel injection, front cover and multi coils.
I have the complete engine fitting under the standard MG hood now.

1)  As with the earlier engines, the oil filter needs to be mounted
remotely. The oil pump arrangement is completely different than the
earlier ones. Has anyone developed an adapter kit for the series II
engines yet? There is provision for a oil cooler and there are two
blanked off oil feeds. Could these be useful?

I'm sorry if these have been discussed before ( Where are the achieves
kept anyway?).

Best regards,

Andrew