Re: OFF TOPIC - PHOTO SIZING

To: Barrie Robinson <barrier@bconnex.net>, mgs@autox.team.net, mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: OFF TOPIC - PHOTO SIZING
From: Pete <peteb@clear.net.nz>
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2003 13:30:23 +1300
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
----- Original Message -----
From: "Barrie Robinson" <barrier@bconnex.net>
To: <mgs@autox.team.net>; <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Sent: Sunday, February 16, 2003 12:01 PM
Subject: OFF TOPIC - PHOTO SIZING

> I have found that photos are very handy for corresponding with listers.
So
> I bought a Canon Power Shot S200 digital camera.  Loaded the software and
> already have an item on eBay complete with photo ...BUT.. I had to use a
> long complicated process to get my image off the camera to a100K size
> requested by eBay.  I also need to get them smaller to send to listers.
My
> Canon ZoomBrowser EX and a stupid program provided with the camera called
> ArcSoft (terrible!) have no facilities to reduce file sizes.  How do you
> chaps get your pictures down to transmittable sizes??  What I mean what
> program do you use?
>
> Regards
> Barrie
>
> Barrie Robinson
> barrier@bconnex.net

Hi Barrie and other 215 V8ers.
When it comes to managing photos out of my digital camera , especially
having to resize i've found that 'Irfanview' can't be beaten.

http://www.irfanview.com/

freeware i understand. There's also another 'weapon' i find useful too that
lets you compress a .jpg image file:
http://www.xat.com/jpeg_optimizer/jpeg_optimizer.shtml and it lets you see
just how dregraded the image can become before you save it for use.

Pete Bronlund ...in New Zealand
1 fresh 3.5Rover slightly modified
lost of hoarded spares
1 4.4 Leyland P76 for the next project.