RE: Possible Helicoil use

To: "David Kernberger" <dkern@napanet.net>, <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>, <buick-rover-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Possible Helicoil use
From: "Larry Embrey" <larry@embreyfamily.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 18:28:51 -0800
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
The only potential issue would be if the head bolts enter the water jacket.
the BEST solution to keep from damaging the block would be to use studs tfor
everything into the block?  Other than the water jacket issue, helicoils are
commonly used for  alum items.  Many of the Racing teams that use Alum head
will helicoil the spark plug holes before anything else, otherwise if they
need to pull a plug for any reason they have to let the heads cool all the
way down, or they will gaul..

Larry