Rear shocks?

Subject: Rear shocks?
From: "T. S. White" <tswrace@pacbell.net>
Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2003 09:01:01 -0700
Cc: mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
I am having trouble making up my mind on a conversion of my rear
shocks.

I have a TR-3 with a Ford 289 driveline in it.  The original level
shocks are weak.  I have found a reference to a conversion kit for TR-3s
to tube shocks.  I doubt the kit will fit the Ford rear end but I can
source the parts to duplicate the kit and fabricate what I can't find.
This is a lot more expensive and time consuming than installing rebuilt
lever shocks.

So my questions are:  Have any of you changed to tube shocks?  Are those
of you using rebuilt lever shocks satisfied with their performance?

        Thanks,
        Tom