Fiberglass Fenders

To: "Mgbv8 List (E-mail)" <MGB-V8@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fiberglass Fenders
From: "James J." <m1garand@speakeasy.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 01:07:07 -0400
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Hi,
I just got a pair of fiberglass fenders for my B from Speedline. They look really nice and appear to fit well. However, they are not drilled for anything (headlamp screws, blinkers, or any of the fitting screws). Since several of the screws that hold it to the body are blind, I'm wondering how best to proceede after I match-drill the fenders to the holes in the body. The metal fenders, of course, have captive nuts attached to them. I could use captive nuts, but that would require that I rivet them through the fiberglass, which worries me a little. Has anybody successfully overcome this situation?
Thanks.
James J.

///
/// mgb-v8@autox.team.net mailing list
/// Send admin requests to majordomo@autox.team.net
/// Send list postings to mgb-v8@autox.team.net
/// Edit your replies! If they include this trailer, they will NOT be sent.