Re: Looking for a lonely 300 head

To: <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Looking for a lonely 300 head
From: "Eric J Russell" <ejrussell@mebtel.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2003 16:35:37 -0500
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
----- Original Message -----
From: "James J." <m1garand@speakeasy.net>

> What
> equipment did you use to cc your heads?  I've seen kits with a plexi
> square that goes over the CC w/ a tiny hole, and a graduated burette
> that fills the CC.  They tend to be expensive, though.  Any ideas?

Pack the cc with modeling clay then level it smooth with the gasket surface
of the head. Remove the clay - don't need to worry about keeping the shape -
then measure how much water it displaces (in a measured container).

Or use a syringe to fill the cc (prop the head upside down but level). The
meniscus will cause your measurement to be slightly off but it should be
consistent for all the chambers.

Eric