re:shiny bearings

To: <MGV8VT@aol.com>, <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: re:shiny bearings
From: "JJJ" <m1garand@speakeasy.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 12:15:07 -0500 (Eastern Standard Time)
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Ok,
    I reassembled the crank/bearings, and torqued them up to spec.  The back
cap/oil seal has a much higher torque spec than the others, that I didn't
use before.  Now there is no initial stiction (Yay!!), but I can still only
get it to free spin one revolution (by hand) after I let go. Any thoughts?
 James J.