Re: Swapping to an OD transmission.

To: paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk, mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Swapping to an OD transmission.
From: "Simon Austin" <simon_mgb@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2004 10:20:23 -0800
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Thanks for the info, Paul. Another small project to be completed. Good idea about the fuel pump as well!

Cheers
Simon

Agree that there *should* be, the factory never provided one, and 17 amp
rated 35 amp blow is fine and you (should!) have a couple of spares in the
fusebox. I've done mine where the gearbox loom joins the main loom near the
fusebox (also where the main loom joins the rear loom for the fuel pump,
same rating) as it can be done very easily with an in-line fuse with short
tails terminated in a couple of bullets, and is easily reversible if you
should so wish. An unexpected benefit of doing both like this was that when
I had a float valve fail away from home I simply cross-connected the OD and
fuel pump circuits and could switch the pump on and off enough to fill the
chambers but not leak while I drove home.

PaulH.