Re: new piston prep

To: CraigFaubel@aol.com
Subject: Re: new piston prep
From: "James J." <m1garand@speakeasy.net>
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2004 23:32:59 -0500
Cc: mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
I don't think it can hurt, as it is sharp thin areas that often cause pre-ignition (and cracks), but see what your mechanic thinks.
James J.

CraigFaubel@aol.com wrote:

I just got a set of new Speed Pro hypereutectic pistons for my 302, and I notice they have very sharp edges where the valve relief meets the top corner of the rim of the piston. It seems odd to have sharp metal exposed to the combustion. Should this be rounded before I take them to the balance guy? Any advice??