Re: H2 Carb for 948

To: "William Langdell" <w.langdell@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: H2 Carb for 948
From: David Kernberger <dkern@napanet.net>
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2004 01:50:58 +0000 (GMT)
Cc: mgb-v8@autox.team.net, buick-rover-v8@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
7/6/04

Bill,

        If this gizmo is black, is attached to a black fibre spacer about
1/2" thick, mounts between carburetor and intake manifold, and has an
electric wire attached to a binding post on the top end, then it is an
intake mixture heater which is supposed to help the car warm up faster on
cold morning starts.  What most of us do is replace it with a plain black
plastic SU carburetor spacer of same or slightly greater thickness.  The
spacer is important I am told though I am not exactly sure why.  The
heating function is not needed in most cases.
        If it is something else than what I have described, then I would
also like to know what it is.