Ideas for head removal

To: mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: Ideas for head removal
From: Rick1huber@aol.com
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 06:13:43 EDT
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Hi gang,

Has anybody removed a 14 bolt head on a Rover 3.5 without pulling the
engine.  I'm taking off the passenger side head to get some  machine shop work
done
on it.  The external bolts are obstructed by the  exhaust manifold - I have
the block hugger type with the metal bar between the  ports.  I'm working on
removing the exhaust manifold now, but it looks to  me that there is little
chance there is enough room to lift the header up out of  the engine
compartment
once I get it loose from the head and the exhaust  piping.  If any of you have
done this and can let me know it was successful  and perhaps a trick or two to
doing it, I would appreciate it. If you send a  phone number, I'd be happy to
call you to talk about it.

Safety Faster.....with a V8,

Rick