Bonnet release cable

To: mgb-v8@autox.team.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Bonnet release cable
From: Barrie Robinson <barrie@look.ca>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 10:47:40 -0700
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
I have had three bonnet(hood) release cables break on me. Usually after about 10-12 pulls. The problem is the outer coiled wire sheath pulls out of the crimp at the handle end. I have now bought a stock Canadian Tire cable which they offer as a generic choke/hood cable. Problem is I cannot get to the engine side of the bulkhead to tighten up the nut without taking out the brake servo/clutch big thing. I am thinking of making a stand-off bracket inside the cockpit which would allow mounting from the inside. Very simple and easy to get at.

Has anyone else encountered this problem?

Barrie Robinson
barrie@look.ca
///
/// mgb-v8@autox.team.net mailing list
/// Send admin requests to majordomo@autox.team.net
/// Send list postings to mgb-v8@autox.team.net
/// Edit your replies! If they include this trailer, they will NOT be sent.