RE: Are my tyres too old?

To: "'Barrie Robinson'" <barrie@look.ca>, <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Are my tyres too old?
From: "Daryl M. Naskale" <mgb@naskale.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 11:47:14 -0400
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
#1 would be my vote.

After nearly being killed once by an old tire with low miles coming
apart and wrapping around the rear axle, I don't trust old tires. It was
a Bridgestone radial that did it to me, and I don't consider Bridgestone
to be a low quality tire. I was just cruising at about 60 mph when it
suddenly locked up the rear end and sent me spinning into oncoming
traffic. The tire still held air and was properly inflated, but most of
the tread separated and instantly wrapped up around the rear end, the
car was instantly uncontrollable and I had no idea what had happened. I
was lucky there was a gap in traffic for me.

Daryl