Update on "new" MGBGT V8 with Corvair Transaxle - better transaxle pictu

To: mgb-v8 <mgb-v8@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Update on "new" MGBGT V8 with Corvair Transaxle - better transaxle picture
From: Kevin & Deana Brown <MGTRAutoXr@sprintmail.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Nov 2004 19:30:47 -0600
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@Autox.Team.Net
I got the front of the car up in the air and took a couple of addition pictures of the front of the transaxle and the rear of the engine and stuck them on my web page. I revamped the page to show thumbnail sized pictures that you can click on to get the larger picture to show up (earthlink was giving me grief because of the amount of traffic I was getting when I had all of the full sized pictures on the page). If it doesn't show up that way when you look you may have to hit reload if you had looked at the site earlier. The new pictures are the two on the bottom.
http://home.sprintmail.com/~mgtrautoxr/id5.html <http://home.sprintmail.com/%7Emgtrautoxr/id5.html>

While under the car I found out the following:

--The shifter is connected to the transaxle using a single shift rod that runs back through the transmission tunnel, it shows up in the picture of the front of the transaxle.

--Apparently a new nosepiece has been bolted on to the front of the transaxle to allow the drive shaft to connect to the transmission without the transaxle being "flipped". I assume that a longer mainshaft was inserted in to the transaxle as part of this conversion.

--The front discs on the car are the ventilated type with cooling fins between two discs.

--The engine is set back far enough so that the whole oil pan is behind the cross member. There has been a little fiberglass work done to the lower firewall to facilitate this.

--The MGB hand brake cable has been hooked up to brakes on the transaxle.

Also, if you are interested in pictures and details of the rally style hardtop that I got with this car, here is the link to that: http://home.sprintmail.com/~mgtrautoxr/id4.html <http://home.sprintmail.com/%7Emgtrautoxr/id4.html>

Kevin

'67 MGBGT V8
'79 chrome bumper MGB V8 (buick 215 & Camaro 5-speed)
'71 MGB
'54 MGTF 1500 RHD

///
/// mgb-v8@autox.team.net mailing list
/// Send admin requests to majordomo@autox.team.net
/// Send list postings to mgb-v8@autox.team.net
/// Edit your replies! If they include this trailer, they will NOT be sent.