Re: V8 Emblems

To: match@ece.utah.edu, mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: V8 Emblems
From: RNeal5014@aol.com
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 12:39:04 EDT
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Hi Marvin: I got mine (V8) from the tailgate of a late model Jeep. It  needed
a little massaging to remove the engine displacement with a band saw, and
some minor filing and sanding to round out, but came out  smoothly. I also
sprayed it a modest gold color, which contrasts with the  British Racing Green.
It
mounts nicely on the rear panel across from  the fuel filler and is just
conspicuous enough to be easily seen. Many  people have come up to me and
thought
it was a joke.....that is until I opened  the hood! Also, one other minor give
away is a fabricated front  to rear dual exhaust system (w/ only glass packs
and cross over  pipe)..sounds like a small block when under power.(LOVE IT!!)
That's just  in case I don't have the time to open the hood. A real sleeper, as
they used to  say. BTW, there are a lot of other vehicles with V8 emblems on
the road  now, so keep your eyes open for one that suites you, and order it.

Safety (LOTS) faster:
Roger