Re: 3.9 piston options?

To: <kmwheeler@ualr.edu>, <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 3.9 piston options?
From: "Carl Floyd" <cmfloyd@chartertn.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 10:46:41 -0400
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Keith,

I'm in the same boat looking for good piston options for this engine. Seems
that there is not many.

Option 1: Order 9.35:1 cast Rover truck pistons from England. Use steel shim
head gasket.

Option 2: Order expensive custom forged pistons.

Option 3: 255 Ford V8 pistons are used in a stroker app. Not sure if they
can be modded to work with stock stroke due to wrist pin location. It is
also a cast piston.

I would LOVE to have a reasonably priced set of Keith Black hypereutectic
pistions in about a 10.5:1 for my 3.9!

Please let me know if you find anything.

Carl Floyd
MGBV8 in TN