Re: Springs

To: mgb-v8@autox.team.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Springs
From: Simon & Donna <sdaustin@shaw.ca>
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2007 09:54:28 -0700
Just to add to the discussion.  I just measured my car and have a ground
clearance at the jacking point (I know, somewhere different to measure) of
6".  The sill measurement in this area is 7 1/4".

The "wheel centre-to-chrome strip" distance at the rear is ~13".  Can't give
you one at the front as I have the Sebring flares installed and there is no
body line in this area.

With a 2 1/2" exhaust hanging under the car, I really only have to be
careful going over speed bumps.

Barrie, with the numbers you've provided, I'd say you've got a pretty good
set-up there. If your car is only out 1/2" front to back, that's excellent
in my book.  I agree with the comments posted here that if the car rides
well and you haven't hit anything serious, enjoy it the way it is.

Cheers
Simon

Sent: Sunday, August 12, 2007 3:21 AM