Re: [Mgb-v8] Edelbrock

To: "E Ronald Shellenberger"
Subject: Re: [Mgb-v8] Edelbrock
From: Barrie Robinson <barrie@look.ca>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 09:49:00 -0400
Ron,

Just read the part on carbs in "How to give your V8 power" (or
something like that) and it says Holley's are more complex but are
almost exactly the same as Edel's except above 5,000 rpm when they
give a shade more power.  The take was Holley's great for hot rods,
track cars etc because more initial umph - but Edel's for smooth
street running and less of a pain to get in tune.  This confirmed by
another lister.  Book says use rolling road which are plentiful in UK
but hens teeth here in Canada.  Another indication of how behind
North America is in consumable auto stuff.  I remember when I came to
Canada in 1968 they had never heard of radial tyres - I had been
using them in the Far East since the fifties.