Re: [Mgb-v8] [Mgs] Repair or replace Radiator?

To: "Edd Rogers" <eddrogers@hotmail.com>, <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgb-v8] [Mgs] Repair or replace Radiator?
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2010 09:25:49 +0100
That, and a foam strip between the rad itself and its mounting diaphragm.  I
must have run my roadster for 15 years before fitting that foam strip (it
always had the rubber strip) but was surprised to see it makes a noticeable
difference.  I think all rear-mounted radiators had the foam strip, but only
from Mk2 was the rubber strip provided, according to the Parts Catalogue.
Forward mounted radiators didn't have either, but the under-bonnet felt
sound-proofing is pretty close to the top of the rad.

PaulH.