[Mgb-v8] Battery drain

To: MGB List <mgs@autox.team.net>, MGB V8 List <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Mgb-v8] Battery drain
From: Barrie Robinson <barrob@bell.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2019 15:45:51 -0400

--------------3E4DC1CDAB7616C51871618E

Hello folks,

After leaving my MGB GT V8 for a few days - maybe 4 or 5  I find the
battery is completely flat.  Did that 3 times.  So I took the battery
out, charged it and waited 3 days.  The voltage dropped from 13.15V on
Sunday 3pm to 12.91V 3pm Wednesday which does not seem to indicate that
it is the battery's problem?    I did have a radio fitted but cannot say
if it was after that that the battery went flat.   So any tips on how to
find out what is going on would be appreciated (and thank you in
advance) - I will try to disconnect the radio but that is a pain - I
have to find the special tool to slip it out !!!!   But surely if the
radio is off (blank screen) it should be /off./ By the way my new $$$$$
radio with windscreen mounted antenna cannot bring in 91.5FM or 99.1FM,
the only stations I listen to because they do not have adverts.......but
my cheap $ new portable one can get them inside my car !!!!!

Cheers
Barrie

--------------3E4DC1CDAB7616C51871618E

  <head>

  </head>
        After leaving my MGB GT V8 for a few days - maybe 4 or 5  I find
        the battery is completely flat.  Did that 3 times.  So I took
        the battery out, charged it and waited 3 days.  The voltage
        dropped from 13.15V on Sunday 3pm to 12.91V 3pm Wednesday which
        does not seem to indicate that it is the battery's problem?    I
        did have a radio fitted but cannot say if it was after that that
        the battery went flat.   So any tips on how to find out what is
        going on would be appreciated (and thank you in advance) - I
        will try to disconnect the radio but that is a pain - I have to
        find the special tool to slip it out !!!!   But surely if the
        radio is off (blank screen) it should be <i>off.</i> By the way
        my new $$$$$ radio with windscreen mounted antenna cannot bring
        in 91.5FM or 99.1FM, the only stations I listen to because they
        do not have adverts.......but my cheap $ new portable one can
        get them inside my car !!!!!<br>
        Cheers<br>
        Barrie<br>

--------------3E4DC1CDAB7616C51871618E--