Rear springs

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Rear springs
From: Allen.Bachelder@vt.edu (Allen Bachelder)
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 1995 19:21:33 -0500
John writes:
> I need rear leaf springs badly... I'm waiting for the credit cards to
> cool off a bit before buying them (haven't checked the price though).

I need 'em too.  They're something like $60-$70 per side in the major
catalogs.  I'm told that re-arching existing springs is not much
cheaper, and not as reliable.

Question:  Why hasn't anybody developed a trailing arm/coil spring
conversion?  Is there perhaps nowhere to put the upper spring perch?  I
haven't peered up under there recently...

Actually, I don't even know for sure whether or not this would be
beneficial.

Todd Mullins
todd@nutria.nrlssc.navy.mil     On the lovely Mississippi (USA) Coast

'74 MGB Sport Tourer - all original, and it shows.

I bought new leaf springs on sale last year at TRF for $49.95 a copy.
(They're still in the box!)  I'm also told re-arching is not good.

Allen "B"

Allen H. Bachelder, Associate Professor of Trumpet
                                         =iii=<
Department of Music, Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, VA 24061-0240
E-mail: Allen.Bachelder@vt.edu, Phone: 703-231-6713,  Fax 703-231-5034