Re: a list directory?

To: mgs@autox.team.net (mgs)
Subject: Re: a list directory?
From: todd@nutria.nrlssc.navy.mil (Todd Mullins)
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 1995 11:22:59 -0600 (CST)
Will Zehring writes:
> With the recent changes to the brit-car list and development of three new
> smaller specialized lists I'm wondering what interest there might be on mgs
> for a list directory.

The Volvo list (snicker & I'll punch you) has one of these.  I like it
a lot; it provides me with names & email addresses of other people with
my exact year and model of Volvo.  This makes very specific inquiries
easier; I can send them to only those owners listed, and not bother the
whole list.

>                         I would volunteer to assemble and maintaing this
> directory, which I would post to the list members maybe every one or two
> months.  What I'm thinking of is *not* an expansive thing, just a list of
> names, e-mail addresses and MGs owned.  No home or work phone numbers.  No
> home or work addresses (maybe identification of town/city and state/province
> etc. but nothing more than that).

I think town/city and state/province would be useful information; it
could be an optional category in case anybody feels uncomfortable
with it.

A great idea.  If I can help, let me know.

--

Todd Mullins
todd@nutria.nrlssc.navy.mil     On the lovely Mississippi (USA) Coast

'74 MGB Sport Tourer - All original, and it shows.