RE: leaking charcoal canister

To: mgs@autox.team.net, woodcomp@vt.edu
Subject: RE: leaking charcoal canister
From: Jeff Drexler <jdrex@microsoft.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 95 10:30:15 PST
When I had a '78 Spitfire, it would stall all of a sudden for no
apparent reason.  I thought that it was some kind of vapor lock, and it
was - related to the charcoal canister.  Seems that the hoses were
connected incorrectly, causing this problem.  After connecting them
correctly, the car ran fine.  I have seen recommendations for cars with
charcoal canisters that get fuel in them, to simply not "top off" the
fuel tank.

Jeff Drexler