Re: Slow Oil Pressure

To: "John M. Trindle" <jtrindle@tsquare.com>
Subject: Re: Slow Oil Pressure
From: dirk.deboer@usask.ca
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 1995 09:39:58 -0600 (CST)

On Tue, 14 Mar 1995, John M. Trindle wrote

> I'm pretty certain the oil filter on a '64 is of a different design than
> a '73 with oil cooler.  I use a spin-on filter which screws DOWN onto the
> seat, while it looks as if the original filter (without the oil cooler
> adapter) screws UP (at a 45 degree angle or so) into the block.

John: there is your problem. The filter drains when the engine stops, and
when you start it the filter has to be filled up before pressure can
build up.

I seem to remember you can get a kit which solves this problem. I'll take
a look at my catalogs tonight. I think you substitute the original part
by one which allows the filter to hang down.

Dirk