Re: MGB Suspension work

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MGB Suspension work
From: "TeriAnn Wakeman" <twakeman@apple.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 95 09:13:40 -0800
While on the subject of MGB suspensions.....

I notice that one of the major parts suppliers carrys "Factory rally rear leaf
springs".  They say that the springs besides being stiffer raise the rear up
about 1.5 inches.  Does anyone know anything about these springs?

How do they compare to stock rear springs from a chrome bumper MGBGT?

Did the rally cars do anything to the front springs? or did they just let the
cars run with the rears sticking up.

I frequently overload the back of my BGT and it doesn't take more than a couple
hundred pounds (less with a passanger onboard) to lower the rear enough so that
the wide tyres I have rub in the rear while cornering.  I was originally
thinking of installing a set of helper springs, but maybe the rally springs are
what I need.

Suggestions?

TeriAnn Wakeman        Large format photographers look at the world
twakeman@apple.com     upside down and backwards