Rover/BMW/MG/Healey Poop

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Rover/BMW/MG/Healey Poop
From: wzehring@cmb.biosci.wayne.edu (Will Zehring)
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 1995 07:40:52 +0500
Fellow fiends:

As expected, there is another snapshot of the MGF in the current issue of
AutoWeek, taken at the car's official debut, the Geneva auto show.  Not much
text associated with it.  What there was almost implied that, contrary to
other reports I've read, there is only luke warm enthusiasm for export to
the US.  Again, the car would have to be re-worked in at least some
engineering and safety aspects to suit US Govt. standards.  What the text
did say was that, almost as the US alternative, there are plans for an
export Healey V6, but, again, not for some time to come.  I don't imagine
there's much profit in getting into whether or not these are "real" MGs and
Healeys.  I hope these guys know what they're doing.

Will "news hound" Zehring