Re: overdrive

To: ROG <ST931244@PIP.CC.BRANDEIS.EDU>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: overdrive
From: carden@eskimo.com (Chris Carden)
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 1995 01:23:11 -0800
At 08:47 PM 3/26/95 -0400, ROG wrote:
>i'm wondering if anyone out there wouldn't mind parting
>with an overdrive unit for a '73 b.

Roger, I'm not sure if you're aware of this, but adding an O/D to a 'B
requires a transmission swap as well as the O/D unit itself. (Unless you
could come up with something non-original that would work.  For a '73, the
prop shaft should be the same.  I believe you'll need to change the
speedometer as well.

FYI, pricewise, I'm in the process of buying a used four-synchro tranny and
O/D for $450.  Rebuilt, the same shop charge $850.  However, they don't come
across them everyday.  Mine's from a run-down GT they took in trade.  I'm
still looking for the speedometer.

CJC