Re: What is nigh mileage on an MGB?

To: mgs@autox.team.net (mgs)
Subject: Re: What is nigh mileage on an MGB?
From: todd@nutria.nrlssc.navy.mil (Todd Mullins)
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 1995 12:47:41 -0600 (CST)
Allen Bachelder writes:
> [ ... ]  In fact, I understood
> that the Volve B16 and B18 engines were copies of the BMC B block - except
> rendered of much more durable stuff.  [ ... ]

Of course, the logical extension of this notion is:  Can we snag a B18
(engine or block) as a superior substitute for the BMC product?  In
other words, what is the extent of the similarities?

(Our '84 245 has 187K miles on its B23 [the spiritual and literal
descendant of the B16 / B18], with no signs of stopping.  It's
marvelous!)

--

Todd Mullins
todd@nutria.nrlssc.navy.mil     On the lovely Mississippi (USA) Coast

'74 MGB Sport Tourer with a 110K mile 1798 B series
'84 245GL M46        with a 187K mile B23F