re: '75 or '76 B

To: garyc%cc.snow.edu@MR.MGH.HARVARD.EDU, MGS@AUTOX.TEAM.NET
Subject: re: '75 or '76 B
From: Colin Brace <BRACEC@A1.MGH.HARVARD.EDU>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 1995 11:17:00 -0500 (EST)
       Hi Alan,
                 Gee, bet that's still nice & rust free, being in Utah, I'm
       jealous! All seriousness aside, cloth top? Vinyl was standard, at this
       age, top was probably replaced anyway, possibly with something like a
       Haartz canvas? Leather seats, again, vinyl was the standard, they
       stopped putting leather in B's in 1969, again, unless someone replaced
       it. Value? Well, this is a WAG, but no more than $2,000, I'd say,
       since it needs paint, I'm assuming no rust, and with 53K on the clock,
       a reasonably strong motor. Gotta look at it closer & drive it, though,
       make sure it hasn't been hit in a large way, etc., usual used car
       stuff. I know chrome bumpers are better looking, but if you are going
       to use this for daily transport, a rubber-schnoz isn't a bad idea. If
       you want a road-burner, you wouldn't buy a MG anyway. Good luck!

       Colin           WA1KWA

       bracec@a1.mgh.harvard.edu

       74 MGB
       73 BMW 3.0s