Ignition systems

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Ignition systems
From: Nick Benson <grayoak@holly.ColoState.EDU>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 1995 12:09:10 -0700 (MST)
I have a 95% restored '78 Midget with the Spitfire 1500 engine.
(How much restoration did a '78 Midget require you may wonder!  Every
bearing and moving part virtually!)

Anyway, I fitted the Constant Energy Ignition made by Lucas, and the
Lucas 40kv coil.  There was a noticable performance difference.  The CEI
was cheap...$99 including distributor during a Vic. British January sale a
few years back!  (I should have bought two at that price.)  Now it's over
double that price.
I now also have a '75 Spitfire with the identical engine that needs some
ignition "oomph", but I would like some ideas/advice on an alternative,
reasonably priced distributor kit that works well on this engine.

Reply directly if you can,

grayoak@holly.colostate.edu

Thanks,

Nick D. Benson