Re: Electrical question

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Electrical question
From: "John M. Trindle" <jtrindle@tsquare.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 1995 07:26:48 -0400 (EDT)
On Wed, 5 Apr 1995, Scott Fisher wrote:

> At 12:11 PM 4/5/95 -0400, RDelany999@aol.com wrote:
> >I'm new to the list, have a '74 MGB chrome bumper, and close to closing on a
> >'53 TD.  I live in Bucks County, PA
> >
> >Iwould like to know if anyone has experience with changing the coil
> >to a high performance (40,000V) one.  Does it make a difference?
>
> That's not an electrical question, it's an ignition question.  An
> electrical question on these cars means something like, "When I
> turn the lights on, the car makes this funny gurgling noise from
> behind the driver's seat.  What's going on?"

Hey, I know this one!

It means your headlights are shorted to your horns.  The gurgling sound
is that of the battery boiling.

Do I win? (Well, I did find out what was going on and stopped it before I
killed the battery for good.  I guess that's a win!)

John M. Trindle | jtrindle@tsquare.com | Tidewater Sports Car Club
'73 MGB DSP     | '69 Spitfire E Stock | '88 RX-7 C Stock
Home Page:  http://www.widomaker.com/~trindle
"Wyszkowski's Second Law:
   Anything can be made to work if you fiddle with it long enough."