Folding tops for old B's

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Folding tops for old B's
From: Glen Bolen <boleng@metro.or.gov>
Date: Thu, 06 Apr 1995 09:16:53 -0700
I feel that I shoud relay my experience with the folding top.
I had a 63 B that I thought realy needed the easy fold latter
style top mechanism.  While at it I also purchased the Zip out
back window option.  I found that the folding frame was very hard on
the top itself.  I tried all sorts of different ways of folding but no
matter
what I did the wear was evident.  The side windows and the vinyl
near them were being torn (slowly mind you).  Here in Portland, Or
 the weather is quite variable and thus an MG owner has to raise
and lower the top quite often.  After the top fell apart (about 3 years)
I had to pay a pretty penny to find an old style top frame.  I used the

old style frame for the next four years until I sold the car, with no
problems of wear.  And the car looks better without the top folded to
the rear.  I see nothing wrong with a zippered rear window.  In fact
they can be quite nice.  I must say however that I preffer the old
style top bow.

drive fast
glen boleng