make that a 75B for sale

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: make that a 75B for sale
From: woodcomp@vt.edu (chris lenth)
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 1995 21:16:43 +0600
A friend of mine is selling a 1975 MGB.

(sory for any confusion, don't know why I thought it was a 77, obviously I
have violated some truth in advertising law and am awaiting the wrath of the
CCC or the BBB or the IRS or the FBI or something)

specs:

1975 white MGB convertible
Black interior
30k miles on rebuilt engine
4 speed transmission
SU HIF4 carbs
wire wheels/ general rubber w/ ~4k miles
rebuilt rear brakes
new exhaust (to original specs)
new front trunions (lower), V8 bushings
good top (6 mo. old)
new carpet

currently advertised for $2650.00

This car belongs to Patrick Hand, a good Irishman and EXCELLENT lbc
mechanic.  The car is currently in Blacksburg, VA, as I have been driving it
while he rebuilds the engine for my 1973 B.  It could use a paint job, the
white (2nd) paint is loose in a couple of spots.  One small rust hole in
floor that has been well patched.  I have been driving this car for a week
and it runs GREAT, rides well and handles snugly.  I don't know the specs of
the rebuild, but I'd like to know what kind of cam went into it because it
runs v. smooth and has lots of get up and go.  If you have any further
questions get in touch with me.

additional info:

The car came to Patrick from georgia with a blown engine, and the PO failed
to come up with an engine or the money for a rebuild. Patrick bought it and
dropped in an engine (see above) from a rusted out BGT that he had around.
Due to these circumstances, what I've posted is basically all that I or
Patrick know about the car.

once again, I'm sorry for the misinformation,

ps.  to the polite woman who called saturday morning: I'm sorry I gave you
the wrong number for Patrick.  Gottta give me a couple of minutes to get my
brain functioning when I wake up.

    Chris Lenth                                      _____\___
    Blacksburg, VA                               '--O-------O--'
    woodcomp@vt.edu                           1973 MGB