Re: more on the key thing

To: mgs@autox.team.net, woodcomp@vt.edu (chris lenth)
Subject: Re: more on the key thing
From: Jay Nemeth-Johannes <jayj@hpislj.lvld.hp.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 95 09:03:50 -0600
>thanks for all of your suggestions for key blanks, etc.  The local locksmith
>which I have consulted (Allen, I did go to Brians L&K) has a blank for the
>lock, and wow! it's even an MG blank!  The problem comes in trying to deduce
>the numbers on the lock to determine a cut sequence to use in creating a new
>key.

I have had Moss cut keys for me from the number which is printed on
the front of the lock.  Of course, I also had the year and model
number of the car available.  Since you have the key blank, they might
be able to deduce from that.

Personally, I'd give them a call and either get
a key cut or see if they can get you the tumbler information.

  Cheers,
    Jay