Spridgets in Motorsports

To: Fine Fast MGs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Spridgets in Motorsports
From: Agustin de la Calle <delacall@bcmp.med.harvard.edu>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 1995 09:51:20 -0400 (EDT)
Dear MG lovers (and MG addicts),

I just wanted to point out that interesting article about
the Spridgets in the Grassroots Motorsports. It
first describes some common aspects about the Sprites
and Midgets in racing and why these little cars
are so interesting racers. Later they give good
suggestions about adequate tuning and
preparation of the engines and how to improve
the handling. The guys from "Motorhead" state
their opinion about some interesting topics. E.g.
they say that it is a good effective and inexpensive
method to increase the air flow by replacing the
rockers by hi lift ones without necessarily having
to replace the cam shaft.
I find it interesting. More important is the
statement that first one should have a good
running car before starting any power increasing
modifications because that would only multiply the
problems. Do not start with this if the sum of the
compression is less than the days in a year.

So I go back to my sick engine and bring it back
to good conditions.

Cheers,
        Gus

Agustin de la Calle               '71 MG Midget (red)
Boston, MA              delacall@bcmp.med.harvard.edu