Re: mgb vacuum unit

To: KEN HEDGES <ud208@ciao.trail.bc.ca>
Subject: Re: mgb vacuum unit
From: "Roger Garnett" <rwg1@cornell.edu>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 1995 12:37:48 -0500
> a longer than
> required screw into the moveable plate, it consequently ran into the
> lower stationary plate locking the two together.  Thus the auto advance
> was inoperative when called for by the vacuum unit.

As was the mechanical advance, I think.

> Now I don't know whether the vacuum unit is shot
> Does anyone know how to test this (outside the car
> and what the pressure required to operate the unit should be,

Pressure? NOT. You just suck on it! That should cause some movement. (If you
really wanted to get picky, you could use a vacum pump, but it should begin to
move, and not leak.)

   ________
  /___  _  \    Roger Garnett            (Roger-Garnett@cornell.edu)
 /|   ||  \ \   Agricultural Economics  | The Wayward Sports Car Centre
| |___||  _  |  3 Warren Hall           | http://www.wayward.team.net/
| | \  |   | |  Cornell University      |
 \|  \ |__/ /   Ithaca, N.Y. 14853-7801 | (607) 533-7735
  \________/    (607) 255-2522          | Safety Fast!