re: Silocone

To: MGS@autox.team.net
Subject: re: Silocone
From: Colin Brace <BRACEC@A1.MGH.HARVARD.EDU>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 1995 14:35:00 -0500 (EST)
       I've used silicone brake fluid since 1982 in various cars, over 10
       years for the MG, no problems, no leaks. No, I didn't replace every
       rubber seal within 50 feet. In fact, the only components I replaced
       were the previously leaking rear wheel cylinders. I have replaced
       various components , such as the master cylinder, which wore out. But
       then, it was 20 years old anyway. I also autocross the car, and, yes,
       I bleed it every year before it goes on the road. which, I agree with
       the previous poster that is a much-neglected maintenance item. It is
       on the maintaince schedule for BMWs & SAABs, among others. I also use
       it in the BMW (that has 3 bleed nipples on each front caliper,
       yikes!), that still has some rubber in the brake system from the DOT 3
       days. No problems. YMMV.

       Colin           WA1KWA

       bracec@a1.mgh.harvard.edu

       74 MGB