Re: Ignition warning system -- 1972 MGB

To: WJAD81D@prodigy.com
Subject: Re: Ignition warning system -- 1972 MGB
From: jhoward@argus.lowell.edu (James D. Howard II)
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 95 16:28 MST

     The ignition buzzer in my 1972 MGB had never worked, and I
   decided after several years to take the plug out of the door
   pilar and find out what's up.

Funny, I hate those things, so I disconnected them in every car that
comes equipped with them.  I have my door open a lot while working,
and I want to listen to the radio without hearing the buzzer.  I have
never accidently left my keys in the ignition, either.  Light on, yes;
keys, no.

     Well, by the looks of it, the switch had never EVER been
   connected.  I fished the wires out of the door pillar (no
   easy task) and found there to be a wire with just purple,
   and one that is purple with a green line.  Which wire hooks
   onto the bottom of the switch?

The plain purple wire is for the ignition, and the purple with a green
line is for the courtesy light.  There should also be a red wire running
from the back of the ignition buzzer switch.

James