fuel gauge problems, MkII

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: fuel gauge problems, MkII
From: wzehring@cmb.biosci.wayne.edu (Will Zehring)
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 1995 10:37:56 +0500
Fellow fiends:

Something else I forgot to mention in my first posting on this: the gauge
doesn't act up (i.e. the needle gives a stable, but odd, reading) when the
car is *not* in motion.  During acceleration and sometimes during cruising
is when the needle dances.  This also leads me to believe that there is an
intermittant short (?) in the gauge wiring.  The loom is brand new.  Anyway,
thanks to those who posted suggestions to me.  I'm in the process of
locating a local "good" gauge to do a simple swap test.  I'll also recheck
grounds, and poke my radioshack meter probes around at various things.

Wow, is this exciting or what?

Will